Last Updated: last updated on September 20th, 2014
For purposes of this Agreement, “Service” refers to the Company’s service which can be accessed via our website at www.theritualist.com (“The Ritualist Website”) or through our mobile application (“The Ritualist App). The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company. “You” refers to you, as a user of Service.
Our Services are not intended for persons under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from persons under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.”
Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as:
– Anonymous usage data: when you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details including location data and other communication data and the resources that you access on or through the Services.
– Location information: our Services collect real-time information about the location of your device.
– Device information: we may collect information about your desktop or mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system and browser type; for mobile devices, we may also collect certain network information and the device’s telephone number.
– Stored Information and Files: the Services may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored in your device.
– Navigation information: referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
– General demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code
Personal Information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as:
– Contact information: your name, email address, home or office address and mobile number
– Billing information including credit card number and billing address, Social Security number, and mobile number (“Personal Information).
It includes the information you submit to us through the registration process at The Ritualist App and/or The Ritualist Website or by communicating directly with us by phone or email.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download The Ritualist App or otherwise access the Services.
INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA TECHNOLOGY
In an effort to improve the quality of the Services, we may track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis. The Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser.
The Ritualist Website may contain electronic images known as Web beacons which are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used, and may be based in some of our emails to you to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
The Ritualist Website may include links to other Websites whose privacy practices may differ from The Ritualist, Inc. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the Services, certain third parties may use automatic collection technologies to collect information about you and your device. These third parties may include: advertisers, ad networks, our payments processors, social networking services (knows as “SNS”) such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and others.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
General use: Personal Data you submitted to us may be used to respond to your requests or to help us offering you a better service. This includes the following non-exclusive list:
– Send you an email to verify ownership of the email address provided when you account was created.
– Provide the Services you request, such as sending you a booking confirmation.
– Send you administrative notifications.
– Responding to customer service requests.
– Send you our newsletter and/or other marketing communications and promotional materials related to the Services and for other marketing purposes including those of third parties.
– Conduct research and analysis.
– Display content based on your interests.
We use the location information we collect to provide The Ritualist Professionals with the address of The Ritualist Members requesting the Services of The Ritualist Professionals; we may also track the location of The Ritualist Professionals to provide The Ritualist Members with accurate information.
WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
– To third parties service providers and independent contractors we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
– As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal processes.
– When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
– If The Ritualist, Inc is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or part of its assets. In that case, you would be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on The Ritualist Website.
– To any third party with your prior consent to do so.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure and from incidental loss. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using The Ritualist Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by accessing the Services. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We can only delete your personal information by also deleting your account
Please note that you are responsible for providing us with your most current email address. In the event that the email address that you provided us is not valid, our dispatch of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice.