This is a question that has been asked an endless amount of times to our estheticians: in which order should I apply products and how much should I use for each of them?
We thought you might find their answers useful too, so we put together an easy-to-follow guide for your daily skincare regimen.
STEP 1: CLEANSE
- How often? Daily! Especially critical at night, but our estheticians recommend cleansing in the morning too in order to wash off the oil and sweat that accumulates over night.
- How much product? A quarter-size of Impurity Removal Cleanser.
- How to use? Massage your skin in circular motions, from the base of your neck upwards, to boost circulation and get rid of toxins. Use a dampened cotton pad or wipe to get rid of the remaining product.
- How long? 1 to 2 minutes
STEP 2: TONE
- How often? Daily, right after cleansing
- How much product? Three pumps of Balance Restoring Toner on a cotton pad
- How to use? Distribute evenly around your face and neck, paying special attention to oily-prone areas, like your T-zone.
- How long? 30 seconds
STEP 3: EXFOLIATE
- How often? Once a week for dry skin types; twice to three times if you have oily or combination skin.
- How much product? Four to five pumps of our Surface Renewal Exfoliant on a cotton pad.
- How to use? Distribute evenly around your face and neck, paying special attention to oily-prone areas like your T-zone. Let the magic of lactic, malic and tartaric acids work for a few minutes, then rinse off with a dampened cotton pad or cloth.
- How long? 1 minute to apply, 1 to 3 for the product to penetrate, 1 more minute to take off.
STEP 4: MASK
- How often? One to three times per week...the perfect evening ritual!
- How much product? A ping-pong-ball-size of our Instant Detoxifying Mask or our Damage Repair Mask.
- How to use? Apply a thin layer of product avoiding the eye area. Relax for 10-20 minutes until the mask if dry. Rinse off or wipe away with a dampened cloth. Finish with our Balance Restoring Toner to wipe away any remaining residue.
- How long? 1 minute to apply, between 10 and 20 for the treatment to take effect, 1 more minute to take off.
STEP 5: TREAT
- How often? Every morning and night
- How much product? 4 or 5 drops of serum mixed with 2 drops of a Skin Booster.
- How to use? Put 5 drops of serum in the palm of your hand, and mix with one or two of our Skin Boosters to target your specific skin concerns. Distribute your personalized serum between both hands and press your palms against your skin starting with cheeks, then forehead, nose and chin.
STEP 6: MOISTURIZE
- How often? Day and night
- How much product? For lightweight products such as Sebum Optimizer Day Lotion, use between 2 and 3 pumps. For richer textures like Extremely Nourishing Night Treatment, scoop the equivalent of a dime-size of product.
- How to use? Apply to your skin by massaging in upward strokes.